Everything You Need to Know About Selling a Home During COVID-19 (Guest Post by Alice Robertson)
If you’ve been thinking about putting your home on the market for a while, don’t let COVID-19 derail your plans. Buyers are still out there hunting for homes, especially as states reopen. Listing your home for sale right now can help you take advantage of the high demand for homes and get ahead of other sellers who are waiting out the pandemic. As you get your home ready for sale, check out the following resources to ensure success!
How to Navigate Showings
Limiting your contact with others is important for reducing the spread of the coronavirus, so consider shifting to virtual showings.
- During the pandemic, buyers can view your home from a safe distance with the help of video-chat tours and 3D walkthroughs.
- Property listings with 3D tours sell up to 31 percent faster!
- If you plan to shoot your own photos and videos, make sure your equipment is working properly.
- Avoid common real estate photography mistakes that can turn off your buyers.
Marketing Your Home Online
With buyers house-hunting from home, online real estate marketing is more important than ever!
- Post your home on every top listing website.
- Learn how to write engaging real estate listings that sell.
- Use photos to draw attention to recent upgrades.
- Post on social media to get the word out about your home and share photos of the interior.
Cleaning and Staging Your Home
Make sure your home looks its best in your real estate photos and virtual tours!
- Banish clutter to help your buyers see your home’s best features.
- Clean your home especially thoroughly during the pandemic.
- If cleaning supplies are too hard to find, make your own!
- Spend some time fixing up your landscaping and home exterior to create curb appeal.
- Consider having your home virtually staged.
Although the country is beginning to reopen after the coronavirus lockdown, it’s still important to do what you can to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Thankfully, online tools and virtual technology will allow you to show your home to buyers without putting your health at risk. Take advantage of these resources, and you’ll find a buyer before you know it.
Photo via Rawpixel